“A wrongful death lawsuit has been filed against Apple in New Jersey after a man died in an apartment fire which allegedly began when his iPad burst into flames.” As has been seen in the past, especially in the recall of Samsung phones due to higher propensity for them to catch fire, it is important to understand the risks (while fairly rare) that a Lithium Ion battery could catch fire.
Here are a few user tips to practice when charging your mobile device:
- When charging your device, do so in an area away from flammable materials. Best to charge on a fireproof tray or other fireproof item.
- Don’t charge your device in bed while sleeping, and don’t put it under the bed covers or pillows.
- It is wise to not leave a device charging when you’re not near it. In the event of any issues, you want to be able to address what’s occurring as soon as possible.
- Be aware of how hot your phone gets while in use or especially when charging. Refrain from charging for long periods of time in areas of direct sunlight or other hot places, such as on the dashboard of a car on a hot day.
Doing the above things will assist in keeping you safe. Below is the link to the article on the lawsuit for further review.